Sunday, July 4, 2021

For CC

 I suspect she's dead since the Indiana Department of Corrections has no record of her these past 10 years, but during Tuesday's writing group I wrote the following in response to a prompt of write about someone who means a lot to you.

Trouble bouncing out the door, smile broad across your face. Grabbing me by the arm under the eyes of the bail bondsman who I've told you're just an acquaintance. That story gets its final blow when you say, "C'mon, baby, let's blow this joint." I laugh at at my trying to deny such a force of nature... Blonde, hair, blue yes, five foot three and driving down the highway with your knew while you're loading your pipe, not believing  that I cannot do the same and me surprised that you might as well be driving with both hands... You showing up when I'm getting sentenced, telling me not to worry about the federal government telling me I cannot associate with known felons....

Have a happy Fourth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment