Monday, February 20, 2023

Internet Radio - Something I Will Miss, 7-28-2010

 

 I spent a lot of time and used up more bandwidth on internet radio shows. Your interest depends solely on your interest in music.

  1. KDHX out of St. Louis. Lots of good shows: Memphis to Manchester, The Greaser's Lunchbox, and Dangerous Curves [those are the shows that remain from 2010. sch 2/18/23.]
  2. WMBR from MIT on Saturday mornings. I usually let it run when I was in the office.
  3. KFAI of Minneapolis was where I stopped on Friday nights, with The Radio Rumpus Room [No longer there. sch 2/18/23.] and Crap From the Past (a collection of oddball pop stuff that is a hoot).
  4. WWOZ, New Orleans - jazz and R & B – need I say more?
  5. Tuesdays I spent with The Tuesday Night Rock and Roll Dance Party from Stony Brook, New York. I am blanking out on the call letters – google the show's name. Rockabilly and punk and old r & b. [The station was WUSB; the show seems to have disappeared around 2012. sch 2/18/23.]
  6. WFMU, East Orange, NY [The show I mentioned in 2010 is no longer there, but there is Three Chord Monte with Joe Belock on Mondays. sch 2/18/23.] 
  7.  Little Steven's Underground Garage

I doubt many will survive the next 12 years for me to hear them again. Please check them out. For me, they were the reasons for getting broadband.

sch

 

[I remain attached to internet radio. I am listening to The Greaser's Lunchbox right now. Many shows on these stations are archived to be listened at your convenience. Two stations I brought back with me from prison are more than worth checking out: WXPN (Philadelphia) and WPRB (Princeton, NJ). sch 2/18/23.]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment