Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Two More Thoughts on Deterrence, 6-21-2010

 If you are reading this and still continue down the path I was once, you are either a moron or my points are unclear. You want a decade and more of federal prison time? Just keep doing what you are doing. Google United States v. Dorvee, and learn what lays ahead of you.

Go into Yahoo chat rooms, look for those usernames indicating an illegal interest, and email those links to law enforcement. In the chatroom themselves, post a message that you are doing this. Call on the others to do the same.

My second thought lacks the broader scope of my first idea. It is very personal, being solely about myself: by writing what I have written here, I painted a bull's eye on the back of my head. I see my fellow detainees going their time and slinking back into the obscurity of ordinary life. If I should survive my sentence - if my lungs stay cancer free and functioning - I have put myself in the public eye. Since nothing ever really dies online, these writings will exist after I die - whether in person or out. These posts can be circulated, something besides propaganda. Maybe I can end up doing some good.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment