Monday, January 16, 2023

Providing Effective Correctional Treatment, 6-21-2010

Another post inspired by United States v. Dorvee. Particularly, page 13 of that opinion. I do not see how my sentence provides for "educational or vocational, medical care, or other correctional treatment in the most effective manner." Probation and a good anti-depressant would suffice for me, Congress says the taxpayers must pay for my imprisonment. In that case, 5 years should be enough for me.

 I know that sounds terribly self-serving, but I really cannot understand what be cannot be done within 5 years rather than 12. What effective correctional treatment can the government provide me that needs 12 years for effectiveness.

Remember, I was a middle-class, educated type, and probably not much different from you. Just how much prison time do you need to change your ways?

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment