Sunday, January 15, 2023

Give Me a Break

My greatest accomplishments today was in taking a nap. It id d not rid me of this headache behind my let eye, but it still was my greatest accomplishment.

I did make it to McClure's for more Coca-Cola.

And I prepped for CC's visit by ordering a pizza from Domino's and some side items. CC called a couple of times - laundry needed done, phone lost, key lost, something about electric doors. Well, I ate half of the pizza, and have the makings of tomorrow's lunch.

Second-greatest accomplishment was revamping the first two pages of the "Chasing Ashes" chapter, Road Tripping. If I knew for sure CC was not coming, I would be working on that.

I did some reading earlier today: Look at the face of the 'Jericho Skull,' buried 9,000 years ago with shells for eyes, Prehistoric population once lived in Siberia, but mysteriously vanished, genetic study finds, and from Fictive Dreams, The Edge of England. I recommend the first two for any interested in human prehistory,a nd the latter as a very interesting short story.

I submitted "Best of Intentions" to The Georgia Review.

While in prison, I read some of Paul Auster's fiction. The New York Trilogy, I liked, but was not so keen on The Brooklyn Follies. He is one of those writers of which I have not made up my mind - very good writer but I do not see where he is coming from. Anyway, he has written a new non-fiction book on firearms, and has been interviewed by The Observer: Paul Auster: ‘The right to own a gun in the US is seen as a kind of holy grail’. I have to write something about white men with guns - may I have time to do so.

CC is on her way. I think I wish she were not. I want to get back to my story.

 


 sch 9:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment