Friday, January 13, 2023

My Jeff Beck Songs

Jeff Beck died the other day. Once upon a time in Anderson, T2 and I were in the town's used record store. We were arguing over the greatest white guitarist of all time (in this way, we excluded Jimi Hendrix, who is the greatest guitar player of all time). She was for Stevie Ray Vaughn and I was for Beck. Which is why there is a bonus track at the end. (Nick, the store owner, stopped our debate by saying, "I do not know who is the greatest white guitar player, but here is the greatest albino guitar player of all time." He proceeded to place a Johnny Winter cassette on the glass counter top.)

First, I give you The Rolling Stone's Sharp as a Blade, Soft as a Dream: Jeff Beck’s Greatest Songs and the BBC's Jeff Beck: Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant leads tributes.

  1. The Yardbirds' Train Kept A-Rollin 
  2. The Yardbirds' I'm a Man 
  3. The Yardbirds' Still I'm Sad 
  4. Jeff Beck Group  I Ain't Superstitious
  5. Jeff Beck Group You Shook Me  
  6. Jeff Beck Group All Shook Up
  7. Jeff Beck Group Going Down Slow
  8. Constipated Duck 
  9.  The Pump
  10. Tina Turner Steel Claw
  11. Peter Gunn
  12. The Yardbirds from the movie Blow Up.

Bonus track for T2

Bonus for KH 

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment