Thursday, January 12, 2023

Apology For Yesterday

Work wrecked me again., I was not going to let it, but still I left with strained joints and a lot of aches. I walked down to the sheriff's, did my signing there, and caught the bus. Downtown, I caught the bus west to sign the new release for my PO at Meridian. I had plans to get groceries, but the bus back downtown was late, causing me to miss my connection. I decided to eat at Savage's Ale House, the only place close to me. Wonderful onion rings, very good cheeseburger - except I should have taken it to go as I missed the next bus. I was tired, without smokes. I walked across downtown to the convenience store at Madison and Wysor. The atmosphere was more misty than foggy. I caught the #5 bus back downtown, then back to the room. It had taken me three hours between leaving work and getting home. I heated the bag, laid down and kind of lost consciousness. That lasted about an hour. I opened my eyes, decided just to go to sleep. 

Nothing written. Not even put away all the laundry.

I did not even finish reading all the stuff I opened in Firefox.

Two things to report:

Jeff Beck died. You do not know Beck, then you do not know your guitar players. Top 10 Jeff Beck Songs. Jeff Beck, restless and virtuosic guitar hero, dies at 78.

And I got another rejection for Problem Solving - another I did not know had not been withdrawn.

Thank you for letting us read your work. We're sorry it's not right for Salamander at this time. We appreciate your understanding, and wish you luck in placing this work elsewhere.

Sincerely,

The Editors

Need to take a shower, catch bus, go to work.

Maybe it will go better today.

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment