Monday, October 24, 2022

Blue Monday

Today was a long line of non-accomplishments:

  1. I kept crashing Firefox this morning between  6 and 8, but I did get through some of my email.
  2. I went off to my interview, only to miss my bus.
  3. I got to the nursing home, read the application, took a good look at the wheelchair bound, and got out.
  4. I was going to eat out, have a decent meal, but got a hamburger at Hardee's.
  5. My Social Security card has gone missing, I was going to the Social Security office, and did an about-face as I approached the door.
  6. I decided to go home, get the laundry done, but I took a nap and got obsessed with blog stats and did not get the laundry done until around 5 pm.
  7. Black Adam looked interesting, I told K and KH when I talked to them on the phone, I was going; I did not.
  8. Letters need to be written, it is 6:21, and I think they will not get done.

I received an interesting rejection for "Colonel Tom" from The Baltimore Review: 

Thank you for sending us "Colonel Tom." We appreciated the chance to read your work. We will not be including your submission in the upcoming issue, but we wish you well with your writing and hope that your work will be a perfect fit for another publication. 

As writers ourselves, we understand the time and effort that writers devote to their craft, and we know that it is never easy to receive these messages. Please know that we receive many submissions and can publish only a small number. Often, decisions are difficult.

We do accept--and encourage--simultaneous submissions. See long lists of other publication possibilities at (And there was a very long list of sites, I have not seen before.)

Thanks again.

Sincerely,


Barbara Westwood Diehl

The Baltimore Review

Then things got worse. Firefox crashed. I decided I needed software to clean up the hard drive. I finally picked on one. I even offered to pay for it. Thing is I could not access any web pages. Two hours shot trying to get that fixed.

I saw an email from T2:

I am completely exhausted but doing better on stamina. Today is 28 days out from surgery.  My afternoon nap was only 3.5 hrs today.  The skin on my neck is very tight and sore.  My speech is getting better to understand.  Speech therapy starts Friday.

So, I spent the rest of the night was spent sending her a long reply.

Work tomorrow. I do not want to go, but the bank account demands it.

Good night, 


 

 My feelings exactly.

Sch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment