Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Crime & Punishment & Another Saturday Night (Part 1) 4/22/2010

 Let me tell you what has my thoughts tonight, this Saturday night. I think on what I read today in Hume and the people of the United States want out of me.

About Hume, this comes from [his essay] "The Sceptic":

...A sense of shame, in an imperfect character, is certainly a virture; but produces great uneasiness and remorse, from which the abandoned villain is completely free...

Well, how much of a virtue? Mine is certainly an imperfect character. I saw things the law forbids, and I did a drug forbidden by the government. I know about the uneasiness and remorse - cocaine emphasizes both. With the pictures, add a physical disgust, also. Then there was arguing with and lying to and laying hands on the soon-to-be-ex-wife. I laid hands on CC. The cocaine and the pictures only added to my shame. That shame had me wishing to kill myself. Now it makes my eyes water and I lose my composure - which is not a good thing in this place or the place where I am going.

sch

[To be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment