Monday, September 19, 2022

Still Trucking

 Sunday started off a nicer day than last Sunday.  Not a bit of rain in sight.

This might be Saturday morning, waiting on the bus

This may actauly be from Saturday, while waiting for the 8:30 bus



I did my walk to the restaurant without anything special happening. No, anything special waited until I got to work. We were busier than any time since I started. I made it to the end. A waiter gave me a ride back to the room, where I fell asleep for a bit more than an hour.

Firefox kept crashing last night. I am not sure why. I listened to a bit of a show on KDHX and a little music on YouTube. WXPN is playing right now. 

On a happier note,  "Problem Solving" is now out in the world. I submitted yesterday and today (without any help from Ringo or Paul, let alone George or John; yes, that is a specimen of my sense of humor) to different magazines:

  • Blue Earth Review
  • AGNI 
  • CRAFT
  • The Kenyon Review
  • The Woven Tale Press 
  • The Journal
  • Cream City Review
  • Red Rock Review
  • Bennington Review
  • Hypertext Magazine
  • River and South
  • The Drift
 The Moth got "Colonel Tom." I fiddled with that a little this morning. I cannot seem to feel satisfied with this story.

 Now I am going to try getting "The Masque of the Red Death" spread around.

Also, this morning, I ordered the new phone. Mint Mobile would not give me my account information. Complete fail on the app and Chrome and Firefox. Their chat function was less than helpful. You could say I am a bit agitated. Especially since after paying for the phone, I have $12 until Friday. Good thing I still have food stamps.
 

Social Security called. I will start getting my retirement benefits this week or the next. Obviously, I prefer the earlier. No lump sum payment, but every bit will help. My days dishwashing will soon end.

I talked to the attorney. I will be going downtown this afternoon. That works out as I need to hit the grocery. Get all the running done, see the wider world a bit, before sitting down to start a new story later in the day. Meanwhile, I am doing my laundry.

As for truckin':


 

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment