Thursday, September 22, 2022

Hit and Miss Thursday

 We did a trampoline truck today. Heavy, heavy stuff. Boxes requiring two people and a truck needing emptied quickly. We did it in a little more than two hours. I think it did me in.

I got home at five, just after I exited the bus there was a call from the attorney on dad's estate - the accounting petition is filed. My dinner arrived as we were wrapping up our conversation. I ordered a pizza from Greek's while on the bus. Too tired to go shopping for supplies, I splurged on a small Greek's Special. I showered after dinner and sat down to work at the laptop. 

This was when I realized how tired I was. Typing away at a blog post, my eyes got so blurry that I could not make out what was on the screen. I had already decided I could not do the fiction tonight - the fiction takes a more active brain than do these posts. All I do here is say what is on my mind - nothing creative in that?

So I went to sleep. I set the alarm for 3 am, thinking I would not be getting up any earlier. And I slept a sleep deep and hard, and woke up without the alarm - at 9:38. Now I was wide awake. I sat down to finishing the blog post I had left undone. On HBO, the new Dune came on. I finished the one post and started another while watching Dune. What is it about that novel which attracts stylists? Very impressive. Probably a better film than Lynch's film - which I like, even though its faults are many. 

I have emails needing replied and phone calls I ought to have made. 

In the emails I did notice this, another rejection for "Colonel Tom";

Thank you for submitting your work to Jet Fuel Review, Lewis University’s online literary journal. Your work was not selected for our current issue. We apologize that we do not have better news, as we know that reading rejection letters is never an enjoyable experience having been the recipients of them ourselves.


Regardless of our decision, we are honored by your interest in our literary journal. Thank you again.

You might want to take a look at Jet Fuel Review. 

It is almost midnight. I need to get back to sleep, so I can get up at 5 am and go to work.  What I need most right now is my CPAP mask. You will never know, hopefully, what it is like to not sleep properly.

Life goes on.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment