Thursday, August 11, 2022

Opening Lines

Some advice from Author's Publish on opening lines to be found in How to Write a Great Opening Line. Good advice, I think.

...Ideally, you’ll use your opening line to present crucial information about your story, whether that’s through characterization, world building, or tone. Your approach to each of these factors is a major part of your signature writing style, and can go a long way toward catching your readers’ attention. In other words, you can hook readers simply by showing off how uniquely suited you are to telling this particular story.

What I figured out when I returned to writing was that the first line must get the reader to read until the last line.

I now have to look at how I start "Chasing Ashes."

sch 8/7/22 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment