Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Closing Out Tuesday

 Got off work aching in the arms. Another Regal truck with heavy boxes - who would think bingo cards could be so heavy? They are en masse.

I talked to SSI person about the breathing exam and how it needs to be on a Monday. I have not done anything with the regular Social Security. That was planned for tonight. It will need to be done tomorrow.

I went back to White Rabbit to get Tristram Shandy and the book on Faulkner. When I got home, I kind of napped for an hour. It was 6:00 pm when I went to do my laundry. Someone had the washer. Back to the room to fix dinner. I started working on a blog post on literary sites. Back to the laundry room and got the ashing started. I finished a little after eight. It took longer to get the post done. It is scheduled for next week.

I started cleaning out the email. All the political stuff got deleted. I did read:

  1. The favourite books of Florence and the Machine singer Florence Welch Okay, I confess if Florence Welch showed up on my doorstep, I might run off with her. Damned interesting reading list.
  2. Bishops and Pentecost Which discusses an interesting point about Orthodox Christianity - the tension between Tradition and change.
  3. Joyce Carol Oates has a new novel (of course, she does), Babysitter
  4. 12 Best Short Stories to Read for Screenwriting Inspiration. Which I think will go into its own post.
  5. The Brutal Pessimism of Michel Houellebecq, a book review. I think I need to read Houllebecq, if for no other reason than to see how he handles his pessimism. We all know how I handled mine.

I found the WOODWARD/NEWMAN AWARD last night. They will take an adaptation like my Masque of the Red Death. Thing is the deadline is September 1. And I am not sure about my formatting. They will accept after 9/1 for next year. I will have to get the Social Security stuff done and then get to work on the play. I could do it - if all goes well, and nothing ever goes well for me. We will see. I certainly will need to leave off any blogging tomorrow night. I have a template for word and one in PDF. No time to really experiment with them. All I can do is make compare with how I have my MS formatted and make any needed changes. So much for getting organized.

The soundtrack for tonight came from Eric Burdon: Black Man's Burdon and Til Your River Runs Dry.

Oh, yeah, we love you:


sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment