Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Tuesday - Welded Together

 My feet hurt. I am tired and feel old. Had to get that off my chest.

The heat is horrible. I survived work. Yes, I made it. Tomorrow I will be working in shorts. The jeans get soaked with sweat, binding my knees.

I got the shorts at Dollar General for $5. I stopped in Target on Sunday and found shorts there for $25. I got groceries, not shorts.

Last night, I read CARVILLE: INDIANA DEMOCRATS ARE BEHIND, BUT HAVE A WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY. Twelve years ago I had similar ideas for Indiana and I finally published them here.

"Colonel Tom" had another rejection today:

Thank you for sending us "Colonel Tom." While we are grateful to have had the opportunity to read your work, we're sorry to say it isn't a good fit for us at this time. Our submissions queue continues to grow, and we often have to decline many excellent pieces. 

We hope that you are taking good care of yourself and staying healthy during this difficult time.

Thanks again for trusting us with your work. Best of luck with this piece and all of your writing.

Sincerely,


The Editors

Split Lip Magazine

Another long shot played but the magazine did look sooo interesting.

 I got an email that my cpap mask is on hold. This is not what I was told Friday. I feel a Catch-22 is on its way. No responses to my emails.

I do not think my lack of energy is due to my depression. I am honestly tired. 

I re-read my colonoscopy instruction. Thursday I find out just how full of shite I am. 

I have much on my mind I want to write about. Just not up to it today 

It is Ray Davies' birthday and this seems most appropriate for me and for him:


It is also Nils Lofgren's birthday, I seem to recall this being on the radio back in the day and I heard it on WXPN tonight, and so here is today's song of the day:



sch




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment