Friday, May 13, 2022

Indiana Food Trails: Muncie and Anderson.

Let me admit a bias: I never thought of Anderson, Indiana as a town for foodies. I lived there for most of my life and always thought it a town for franchise restaurants. Muncie was the town for local restaurants with good food.

But then I found the Indiana Foodways Alliance website:

Welcome to the Indiana Foodways Alliance, a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to the celebration, promotion and preservation of the authentic food culture of Indiana. We are a membership organization of inquisitive eaters, good cooks, culinary historians, chefs, food journalists, restaurateurs, culinary tourists, artisans and manufacturers.

 The site has different food trails. Anderson's 1925 Pubhouse, Bobber's Café at Shadyside Bait & Tackle, Lemon Drop, The Edge, and The Toast show up on the Tenderloin trail. I know only the The Toast and Lemon Drop.

I cannot see where Anderson promotes its restaurant scene but the Visitor's Bureau does.

There are more food trails with places in Muncie and Anderson, do check them out. Take some pride in your local distinctiveness!

sch 4/30/22



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment