Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Celibacy as Freedom

I have mentioned before I am celibate, been so thanks to prison for 10 years, and since because it is more pleasurable than the life I knew where no relationship seemed to go anywhere but towards more guilt for me. I have tried to explain why celibacy should be so liberating.

I do know how I came across THE ANIMAL WITHIN THE ANIMAL by Melissa Febos. I read with curiosity then with interest. Her name meant nothing to me. Her prose - her story and how she told it - kept me reading even when I should have been doing other things.

Then I came to this passage and went Yes!

...If my ceaseless.  entanglements are a result of the ways that I relate to other people, then the goal of my celibacy is to relate to myself.

There was why I do not feel impinged upon by continued celibacy. No more escaping myself in pleasing, taking care of, others. Time for diving into myself regardless of what I find annoys others or discomforts myself. Time fir boring you with what I find. Well, got to take the bitter with the sweet.

And do read Ms. Febos' article. For the females, I suspect a bit of fun; for the makes, an education.

sch 5/26/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment