Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Thinking, Part Four

 The Flitcraft Story has been on my mind.

The what? It is part of Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon. Fallingbeam.org republishes the whole story. Please read it.

I wrote KH about a decade ago that I felt like I did when I was nineteen. Physically I was pretty much a wreck. Mentally, I had seen the stupidity of my suicide attempts, of the way I had been living, and thanks  to Gabriel Garcia Marquez had found the goal of lucidity. The goal was easy since I expected my lungs to stop before my release from prison. But the feeling I had was that I had over-complicated my life, that I had plunged into too much for too long that I had gone along with from inertia more than any interest on my part, that I had played a part that was not actually myself. Do not think I absolved myself for either my crimes or sins. No, I came to the conclusion I bore a responsibility for all I did wrong and to repair as best as possible the damage done. I felt like I had because I cast away the garbage I had accumulated over the last few decades. The process was not pleasant, I saw how I had been all too willing to be a moron without sny goals other than to drift through life, play a tourist in the world of bizarre behavior. The result I like. It has the sweetness of liberty, the ease of a proper movement.

This is an ongoing project of lucidity and right living. It is search for an authentic, better, me.

Got to get ready for work and group therapy.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment