Sunday, March 13, 2022

Saturday

I got a taxi to work. That cost an hour's worth of work. Trade was slow so I got off early. I need a haircut and thinking here was an opportunity I took the bus up to Great Clips. Still bitterly cold - that was why I went with a taxi - when I arrived at Great Clips. The place was jam packed. I was not the only one needing a haircut and having a bright idea. I decided on getting lunch kill some time to let the place clear out or get a bus back to the station and then home. I had a choice of Indian or Noodles and Company. Too cold for walking far and the intersection of Wheeling and McGalliard is not conducive to pedestrians. I got the Korean beef noodles.

That's the regular size and costs a bit more than hour's wages. I do not see me repeating the experience.

Great Clips remaining packed, I gave up on the haircut. I did my email at the bus station while waiting for the Whitely bus. 

The room was cold. The door does not fit well enough to keep out a wind out of the west. I snacked. I tried to get warm. I tried finishing Celine. I felt tired, having been up since 4:30. I turned up the heater. I tried napping. That lasted a half hour. I got up, showered, fixed a bit more of a real meal. I wrote some posts for the blog. I finished Celine. I submitted "Colonel Tom" to three, four magazines. All the time I was listening to WMBR's show Backwoods, then part of a Mae West documentary, and finished with WXPN's blues show.

Probably not sounding all that exciting but I think I have had more than enough excitement. Quiet is better, it was satisfying.

Now I need get ready to walk to work. No taxis available - I waited too l for one. It is 26 feeling like 14, according to the weather app on my phone.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment