Saturday, February 12, 2022

Literary Magazines Disappearing

I found Long-standing literary magazines are struggling to stay afloat. Where do they go from here? at CNN and it bothers me.

And literary magazines aren't like murder mysteries or other mass market stories with broad appeal -- they don't fund themselves, Spatz said. There's an idea rising in higher education that the market should decide what gets funded, which then leaves more artistic pursuits like literary magazines out.

"There is an absolute lack of understanding as to how essential the arts are, and the literary arts especially," Spatz said.

Some day my PO may approve my new laptop. I would like to have some place where I might get published. On a less selfish level, what becomes a society that turns its back on the arts?

sch

2/11/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment