Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Muncie Media

 The Muncie Star Press wants me to pay a subscription. I want an apartment, so I will keep my money.

Last night I found the Center for Middletown Studies Research and its blog on everyday Muncie life. The Center describes itself as:
Ball State’s Center for Middletown Studies supports research that builds on the tradition of community-focused scholarship inaugurated by Robert and Helen Lynd.  It sponsors research on Muncie as Middletown, on the history, present condition, and future prospects of small cities, and on the sociocultural impact of broad economic change in these places.  The Center is particularly committed to pursuing research that engages with a broad range of community members and gives them a voice in the research process.

This morning I found the Muncie Voice.  It seems the work of one person with a particular point of view, as can be seen here. Since I find myself agreeing with that POV, I will keep coming back.

The Muncie Voice described The Muncie Journal as backed by the Chamber of Commerce. Still, it may have some uses.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment