Saturday, December 18, 2021

I Go to Bracken Library

Thursday night after work I stayed up late sorting my journal from my fiction. I meant to further sort out my fiction, do my laundry, and go to Ball State's Bracken Library. Having overslept, I hot the laundry done and paid my weekly rent and got to Ball State. The best laid plans and all that. Going back to sleep at 7 pm did not help. Waking up again at 11 only let me get at this blog, drink too much Coca-Cola, watch some TV, and listen to two podcasts on writing.

And my hands still ache from work.

But let's go back to Ball State:

My first dorm is disappearing

The telecom building - thank you, Mr. Letterman
Bracken Library

Journalism bldg near & Teachers College further

Downstairs looking nothing like 1982

The DVD collection that used to be the first floor lounge


Road between Emens and dorms now a bike trail

Palmer Hall still stands

Block of Martin St turned into bike path

Health Professions - Martin & Riverside

What's Foundational Sciences?

I then had dinner at Greek's Pizzeria - mushroom and pepperoni - and must say it remains the best in town.

Now I have Djuna Barnes and Angela Carter to read. And Dos Passos to finish!

I left a message for TJ. First time I tried calling her since 1996. I think she is still mad at me.

It is 3 am. Time to try sleeping again.

sch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment