One surprise I had this year was learning that my oldest sister did not know who laws are made. I learned that in high school. That made me want to share these two pieces from the Indiana Capital Chronicle.
Democracy Day: A guide to how Indiana makes its laws
All the information you need to participate in Indiana's democracy
sch 9/16
Normalization (Sheila Kennedy )
As we prepare to go to the polls, I would suggest that we focus on several that he omits–and especially on the growing normalization of multiple bigotries by this administration and by MAGA and Trumpism generally. We need to understand what that particular area of normalization is doing to America’s civic fabric and to our common understanding of what I’ve called “The American Idea.”
What happens to our understanding of America when certain groups of people are so constantly targeted and marginalized that media simply reports the latest attack on “wokeism” along with other news of the day?
sch 9/17
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment