Friday, December 3, 2021

Friday Night 12/3

 I got the laundry done - just barely. I had not seen the place so busy. I went across the street for broasted chicken and a Coke. I sat on the bench outside the laundromat, reading some email on the phone when KH called. We talked for about 40 minutes. That put me way behind. Still, I did get fone in time to catch my two buses home. 

The plan was then to go grocery shopping. That plan got scrapped when I took a nap and then overslept. 

Then the plan was to start hunting down a primary care doctor. That went by the wayside, too. I was cold and a bit slow from the nap. I did call about an apartment. I may go look at it next week.

KH and I talked about the wisdom of me getting an apartment. I went through my savings with this room and am kind of stuck in a spot where I have enough funds for the room without enough to save for another. But this new place tempts me.

I listened to this lecture on the importance of first sentences. Here may be an advantage to you with me starting this blog backwards: you miss my studies of first sentences. I believe the first sentence must get the reader to start reading and everything after that must keep them reading.

And I fixed dinner after going down the street for milk and Coca-Cola. Heartburn has been a problem today. I need to watch the Coke intake.

I spent most of the evening exploring the Bracken Library catalog for next year's reading list. While listening to Recherché on WPRB, let's not forget Readie Righteous. 

Now I am have started my first experience with Zoom - a Neal Stephenson and Lev Grossman discussion. Such is the life of this maniac.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment