Monday, October 25, 2021

Quarantine of a Sorts 12-31-2020

Day 2 of craziness. Probably 6 months  more of this sort of quarantine. Last week people with temperatures were removed. Tuesday it was decided that people not testing positive would be moved to the first floor which holds 18 people. The rest of us are restricted to the second and third floors. Two phones were installed in the second floor hallway. If you've seen an old movie set in a boardinghouse where the phone is in a hallway, you've got an idea of our situation with the phones.  One fo the 123 man rooms was converted into a TV room and so was the quiet room. The quiet room can hold maybe 10 people packed like sardines; the 12 room can hold maybe 20. The quiet room TV has a chip and its denizens have already started watching Power.

No place for me to write, so I am leaning into my seasonal depression and sleeping a lot. That can't last.

I have Othello to read. and have been promised Raintree County next month.

The day we all got segregated, I received notice of an attorney being appointed in my compassionate release case. Don't see that getting me out early.

I need to work on "Chasing Ashes" - just to keep myself sane.

I did finish Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper. I had read it back in high school.  Charming story about class inequities; still worth reading.

That's all I've got to say for now. Happy New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment