Tuesday, June 22, 2021

I've Got My State ID

I made it to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles today. I still feel either lucky or blessed.

Yesterday morning Ms. Greenup approved a pass for the Virginia BMV office. Last night one of my cell-mates told me there was no longer a Virginia Avenue office but there was one on Madison Avenue. He gave me instructions on what bus to use the pass provided by my case manager.

Everything went fine, I got the state ID since I do not intend to drive. My photo makes me look Like a fat old man, homely enough to scare the innocent. But what surprised me was the BMV did not ask to see my birth certificate.

Doesn't matter - the certificate was still needed by the Social Security Administration. (Which I sent out after I got back).

I also got the money from Kroger's and put it into a bank account.

I almost bought a pack of Camels to celebrate and instead I got a sandwich from Jimmy Johns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment