Monday, January 23, 2023

 Off to a dozy morning, I woke at 5 and started working on my email and morning reading. Except, I decided to put a hot compress on my arm while watching Morning Joe. An hour went by without me being really conscious. Bear that in mind when you rad the following.

I read Death of the Sparrows by Len Kuntz and Disappearance at Lost Point Preserve by John Henry Fleming, both published by Fictive Dreams. I do not know that either presents a breakthrough in style, but they both have a substantial story to tell. The first is more harrowing, which gives it s substance and humanity; the latter is the strangeness of life, its inconclusive conclusion works that angle like a fever dream or a prose poem. 

Then there was Cats by Douglas J Brown from Half and OneA dryly humorous story, so sly does it work that I almost gave up on its longish wind up. Now, I have trouble forgetting it.

For me, the big news in Muncie comes by way of Washington, D.C: More than two years later, Marine from Muncie charged in Jan. 6 Capitol riot. Once more, I miss being able to talk to Wayne, He was so proud about taking an oath to uphold the Constitution as he was sworn in as a Marine Corps officer. I would also have a question for him about the following:

He and co-defendants Joshua Abate, from Virginia, and Dodge Dale Hellonen, of Michigan, each face four misdemeanor counts — knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct in a Capitol building and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.

Those charges were filed on Jan. 17.

Coomer, an intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems engineer most recently assigned to Camp Pendleton in California, was arrested last Wednesday in Oceanside, California.

I will ask the big one here: what kind of training did he have when his identity was found out by the FBI reviewing surveillance tapes?

"Colonel Tom" rated another rejection:

It's lovely to hear from you. We won't be able to publish your work, but thank you for your interest in The Moth. 

 

As you may know, the upcoming issue will be our last. We will, however, continue to sell back issues and to run our literary prizes.

 

Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with all of our prizes etc.

 

Warm best wishes

 

Rebecca

--
'The Moth 4EVER!' Gary Shteyngart

I have now been rejected by not only Americans, but also the Irish.

Cagibi has a new issue with quite attractive artwork.

Laundry day. Waiting on the cleaning crew. CC should be back today for more typing.

It is a cold, gloomy day, and I really do not want to go out right now.

sch 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment