Yesterday morning, I attended morning Liturgy. It was a good start of the day. Chruch centers me spiritually and mentally. No backsliding into the old negative thinking born of depression.
Then I went to Proof, the literary festival in Indianapolis. Upon arrival in Indianapolis, I got a little lost. However, I saw some interesting places.
Then I got there:
Hosted by and partially at Indiana Humanities:
The building has historical/literary significance:
But registration was across the street:
What I discovered were mobile bookstores:
I left in a hurry and didn't take a second set of photos. So, sorry about the quality. I was a bit too shy to ask if I could take photos of the inside.
The first time I had been in a real bookstore for an age (the White Rabbit, last year). I went mad, spending money like a drunken sailor on leave in Bankock. This is my haul:
Besides, I used up my time. I managed two halves of two lectures.
The last panel was Maurice Broaddus & Januarie York. I may have a crush now on Ms. York, an Indianapolis poet. She made a point like this: there are things that are her that encourage her to write, and then there are the negative things that would keep her from writing but for believing that creativity comes from God and it is her job to be creative. It struck sparks with me. And I need to read Maurice Broaddus. He, they, were brilliant.
There was a break in the fiction offerings, so I decided to make a run for food and fishing supplies. I missed the one brick and mortar bookstore being open.
having blown a bundle on books, I skipped my plans to visit The Whispering Shelf.
By the time I got to Flymasters I was tired of Indianapolis and traffic. Again, I spent too much money.
When I got home, I worked on my latest project for a couple of hours. I decided to nap for an hour, thinking I could make Vespers, only it became two hours and no Vespers. I went back to the project.
Missed Liturgy this morning. I am afraid I becoming an infidel. Especially since I did not get to Vespers, either. Around 4 pm, just after eating dinner, the back locked up. I keep telling myself I should take a hot shower instead of lying down, I can feel the proof of that right now. Earlier I was already flat and it hurt too much to get up.
I spent the morning with the story. Then I did a few more blog posts that are scheduled now for this week.
After the nap and shower, I started on this post. I need water for the CPAP machine, so I am off to Payless shortly.
sch
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment