Recuperating from surgery on Tuesday, so still a little rocky. My brain is not in the mood for extended exgesis. Take the following for what they are worth.
Started this on Monday with:
Submissions
Merion West: Agnes, The First Day of Feeling Free, After Making Landfall
The William Faulkner Literary Contest: The First Day of Feeling Free
7/20: A rejection for "Pieces About A Small Indiana Factory Town, 1976 - 1984"
Thank you for submitting your work to us. We regret that we are unable to publish it, but we appreciate your interest in Joyland Magazine, and wish you all the best with your writing.
7/21: surgery - sister came and brought me back from the hospital. Oh, my sides hurt. CC came after my sister left. I had fixed pork shoulder ala CC for her. It turned out well. Insomnia is the big problem. Thankful for Netflix to keep my attention. I added some to my research project - the insomnia was that sharp.
Rejections for "After Making Landfall"
7/22:
Thank you for submitting “After Making Landfall” to our editorial team. Although we found value in reading your work, we have decided not to publish it.
May the publishing gods find this piece its perfect home.
Pinch
Subscribe at www.pinchjournal.com
7/23
Thank you again for your interest in our journal and for taking the time to send us your writing.
Though we have decided to pass on this story, we want you to know that it received several positive reviews.
We hope this is taken as encouragement and that TGLR will remain on your radar when you seek publication opportunities in the future.
Best wishes for a prosperous summer.
Sincerely,
Shyla, Lea, Amy, Toni, & The Good Life Review Short Fiction Team
I walked my furtherest today - to the street where I catch the bus down to the convenience store for more caffeine. I rode the bus back. It was as much as I could do. More sleep, more Netflix.
I thought I could do The Odyssey. No way.
This is taking a chunk of energy and I want to be very, very lazy.
sch
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment