Friday, March 31, 2023

Run Run Run - Trump Indicted

 I caught the bus a little after 8 am and got home at 3:18 pm.

What I did not get done was make it to Yorktown for my new CPAP mask. I thought the 8:30 #2 bus would get me to YOC, then I would have an hour to walk to Yorktown. Nope, it went no further than the westside Payless. I called k, and she could not come over and get me to the appointment. She did get me the number for Hook's Oxygen. I rescheduled for next month. I rode the next #2 back down town, went to the bank, and caught the #17 to the jail.

The usual girl was not there. A very ill-tempered woman said I could not change the day I came in with the lieutenant's permission. Considering he never set a day, that all the days have changed over the year to better suit my work schedule, and all were made by the woman in the office. I did see the lieutenant and told him I was no longer at Chili's.

From the jail, I walked over to the food stamp office. I let them know I not Chili's and gave them my last pay stub to copy. They told me I need to get documentation from Chili's. I caught the #2 bus downtown.

Which, as I type this, I forgot to call Chili's.

Layover at the bus station. I called E, not having talked to her in a while. My bus, the #6, arrived, and decided to get a sandwich at Wendy's. It looked to me I had an hour to go. I keep thinking Wendy's is now too expensive. 

I walked back to Walnut, stopped in the Walgreen's. After which, I called KH.

Turned out the temp agency had me scheduled for noon. I sear they said 1 pm. I apologized. Told them I was a felon. We went ahead with the application process. I got out of there after 2:15. I had to wait for the 2:30 pm #3. Same driver as had driven me around on the #2. We had a laugh about us seeing too much of one another today.

The #5 brought me back, I stopped off at McClure's for Coca-Cola. 

I deleted email, read some articles, ate dinner, and since I still had a headache, I did a lay down.

Now, I am up to find that Manhattan grand jury indicted Donald J. Trump. About time. We will see what he is made of now.

Washington Post: Grand jury in New York votes to indict Trump; Trump indicted by N.Y. grand jury, first ex-president charged with crime

Oh, one thought, maybe more like two: assuming he will not milk this indictment for his political campaign, if Trump is innocent and this is just a political stunt by D.A. Bragg, then he will file for a quick and speedy trial.

Prediction #1: Trump will not file for a quick and speedy trial, even if does not milk the indictment.

 Prediction #2: the death and destruction he can call down will be a tempest in a tea pot.

I read from The Guardian, Putin, Trump, Ukraine: how Timothy Snyder became the leading interpreter of our dark times before I got the indictment news. The news makes the article even more interesting. 

I started off with lighter stuff, The 18 Scruffiest Detectives in Crime Film and TV and 10 More Must-Read Alternate History Thrillers.

"Aftermath" got its first rejection, after being submitted two days ago, from The Threepenny Review:

We have read your submission, and unfortunately we are not able to use it in The Threepenny Review.  Please do not take this as a comment on the quality of your writing; we receive so many submissions that we are able to accept only a small fraction of them.

Thank you for sending your work to us, and please accept our apologies for the automated message system. We wish we had time to reply to everyone individually.

The Editors

Also from The Guardian, Keith Reid, lyricist for Procol Harum, dies aged 76. Still without a clue what is the meaning of "A Whiter Shade of Pale."

This came across from the IHS Blog: Talking Tarkington.

I wound up talking to KH for over an hour: Trump and religion and writing. Poor fellow.

After the rest of the night was filling out job applications reading the Anderson Herald-Bulletin's obituaries (wherein I found two more people I knew are now dead) and two blog posts and forgetting to post this piece.

Oh, well, it is now Friday morning, the rain is falling, and conservative Republicans have abandoned law and order for playing the victim. 



But after hearing Mike Pence doing his pious voice thing over Trump being indicted, Pence being the political equivalent of a street walker, so let also add these songs to console the poor, poor pitiful fellow from Queens:


sch 5:48 am


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment