Friday, March 24, 2023

Fired

I was up early and at "Hey, Watch This" and my email. Breakfasted on oatmeal.

The cleaning crew came in and around 10 am. I had to be work at Chili's at 11:30 am, so I caught the 10:45 downtown and then the 11:15 #3. I went to work and keep at it until around 3. One of the assistant managers called me into the office with the other assistant manager. They told me corporate wanted me gone. They did say they had no trouble with me and that I had been a hard worker. After all the trouble taking this job caused me, I was both relieved and a bit hurt at being fired. I left with wet feet and caught the #3 back downtown. It started to hit me the trouble I was in, being without a job. I had had no call back from Fairfield, so I had decided they did not want me, either. I got back to the room a little after 4. I moped. I had already texted my sister and K with the news.

The woman at Fairfield was not in and would not be in until Monday. I will call her then. 

I checked the email. Domino's told me I had a free pizza coming. I ordered that for dinner. 

Waiting for the pizza, I did more reading from the email newsletters.

I have an interview for a manufacturing job next week. I hope I get it. Not what I want, and that is life.

I have "Hey, Watch This" about half done. I just realized I need to change the title. KH called, and we talked about what had happened today.

Reading from this morning:

 I found an Australian literary magazine, Kill Your Darlings. It looks like a lively place. 

Last night, I found literarium, a site congregating writing markets. I am not sure how it compares to Submission Grinder.

Actor David Arquette to speak at Ball State, which might be interesting.

From Merriam-Webster: Why does English have so many silent letters?. Answer (very short): history and phonetics.

Readings from this evening:


And since I have decided to cut ties with CC:


sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment