Sunday, November 13, 2022

The Rest of Sunday

A spotty afternoon.

KH and I figured out how to share on Google Drive. He helped me edit "Exemplary Employee."  It drives me nuts finding the kind of errors we found today. I know I edited; thought I had used the fine comb method. Nope, lots of stupid, stupid errors that I cannot figure out how they were missed. It should be ready top send out. And I need to call him back.

Laundry is done. I took a little walk down to McClure's. They have the 99 cent RC Cola in stock.

The snow is gone.

I spoke briefly with E on the phone.

E, KH, the cashier at McClure's, and the motel owners are the only people I have dealt with all day.

I got another entry from my pretrial journal on this blog. I have these entries scheduled up to the first of January 2023. They are reading a little better. Well, I am not cringing so much. I may be vain, but I had some good ideas. Of course, my mode of thinking back then was my returning to Indiana was not high, I owed to say things that might be helpful, and I did so - very quickly. (Too quickly?)

I have a counseling meeting tomorrow and a dentist's appointment. What I do tomorrow morning is up in the air.

I have not yet decided where to go next with my fiction.

Another rejection of "Colonel Tom":

Thank you for submitting “Colonel Tom” for consideration in Swamp Ape Review. First, we’d like to apologize for the delay—we’re grateful for your patience as we work through a high volume of submissions.

We appreciated the opportunity to engage with your work, but we’re sorry to say that this piece is not a fit for our upcoming issue. We wish you the best of luck in finding it a home.

Sincerely,

The Editors at Swamp Ape Review
"Problem Solving" went out to Solstice Literary MagazineSunspot Lit.

I called KH back, thanked him for his helped, and generally kept him from doing whatever needed done.

I check out Stirring Lit by reading Truly Real. I like the story, cannot decide if I should send "Problem Solving." This story is more traditional than mine. It has a closure more definite than mine. I am beginning to think my stories are not exactly nice. Oh, well.

Listening to John Lee Hooker. Thinking what I read of and posted about Malinda Lo. All I am losing is time. What I am gaining is a bit less doubt. 

"Problem Solving" is now off to Stirring Lit.

I also found Storm Cellar. I skimmed the opening of the story, them trophies, liked it, but I am getting a bit of a headache sitting next to the room's heater. They got a copy of "Problem Solving," too.

Warning: I am starting on my "Dead and Dying" stories tomorrow.

Now I have letters to write.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment