Saturday, November 26, 2022

Closing Out Saturday Night

 I had lunch at the local Indian place. The lamb tikka masala was so tasty. I was as full as a tick.

Then I bought a few things at Payless to get me through the weekend.

I came back and tried working on "Best of Intentions." A headache slowed me down, so did the nap.

Listening to BTO on YouTube helped.

It has been a slog, fits and breaks. The last time I noticed the time it was 9 pm. Now it is 10:48.

The word count is closing in on 9,000 words. It will be too long to publish. It does work as an opening to a bunch of interconnected short stories. I have been making changes on a story I wrote about a decade ago, or a little less. One that I started revising by hand months ago. I think some points have been smoothed, the language flowing a bit better. What I hope is to have done a better story, one that started out after a bunch of the other stories had been written, and was written just to give the others a start. maybe I am saying things better. Maybe I am just falling in love with my own words. We will see.

Let me leave you with Tom Waits. He is soothing my confused brain right now.


sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment