Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Writing Has an Inclusivity Problem?

A friend and I have this ongoing discussion about a pair of old white geezers getting published in a world of MFAs and Brooklynites and the decline of readers and all the others signs of the literary apocalypse. 

In light of this a few items on those getting published:

Announcing the Shortlist for the Inaugural Ursula K. Le Guin Prize for Fiction ,(which seems to have writers with wide-ranging backgrounds).


Booker prize longlist of 13 writers aged 20 to 87 announced


Joyce Carol Oates claims White male writers are being shut out. The data disagrees


From Cover to Cover: On the Pigeonholes of Publishing


And make what you will of Locus' list New Books: 26 July 2022.


What my friend and I both want to see quality writing published regardless of the writer's background. Or the expectations of readers.


I keep persisting on publishing my own stuff. Just as persist in getting my PO to approve my new laptop. 


Comments?


sch 8/1/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment