Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday - Getting Organized

 I went to the dentist this morning. Four fillings and a numb set of lips. Do not try smoking a cigarette with numb lips.

Then it was off to the counselor for my second meeting.

On the way there, I checked my email and one from my sister inspired me to check on the Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry. The OCPM succored our Orthodox group at Fort Dix. I was sad to read Father Duane Pederson had reposed.

The counseling session went well. I told him things I have told others but not at the same time. I learned a few things, also.

Having not eaten all day, I stopped in the Village off of Ball State's campus. I picked the Pita Pity for a gyro. It was very good.

I decided to take some time out for myself, so I went down to check out a bookstore. On the way, I passed these trees I helped plant back in 1982:

The White Rabbit bookstore has been around a while and has this wonderfully funky vibe, if not much in the way of tidiness:




That is the most time I have taken for myself for a while. 

This evening, I have been getting stuff organized and checking out writing stuff while listening to WPRB until 7 and then Three Chord Monte with Joe Belock until 9. I cleaned off the table to give my laptop a new home.

Come nine o'clock, and it was time for Rachel Maddow. I still have a crush on her. Strange that intelligence survives on television.

I read this poem, Love Letter from the End of Summer, that I really liked. Then onto working a few blog posts.

Firefox crashed three times. It is almost eleven and I need to work again tomorrow. The back is better. Time to call it a day.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment