Saturday, August 13, 2022

Catching Up Is Hard to Do

I woke before the alarm. I piddled with the blog and email and the news on MSNBC. I got the bud with only a few minutes to spare.

I had a problem at work: intense pain in itmy right heel.

After work I went to Payless. I got the Kroger knock off of Dr. Scholl's footpads. Reduced the pain a lot. I bought groceries, too.

Back here, I ate, read a little about Nietzsche, and called K. She has not been well. I showered before starting this note.

Lights went out for a few minutes. No idea why but I came out on the porch. Looks like rain.

I mentioned going to Carmel for my polygraph. I got asked a lot of questions about my behavior since bring put on supervised release. I will not repeat all of them so as not to make you blush since they all presupposed behaviors and interests not mine. I can mention these:

  • Have I been to a strip club?
  • Have I been to a bar?
  • Have I picked up a hitchhiker?
  • Have I had any unauthorized computer access?
  • Have I committed any crimes?
More of your tax dollars at work. By
Waiting on my session I did a little walkabout. I ran into this fireplace across and down the street from the office building containing the polygraphist.



This was downtown Carmel. The city hall was in view:


I never understood why Carmel went for a colonial look but Carmel never made much sense. Like their fanaticism for roundabouts:

The lie detector was an interesting experience. I do not think it eas worth the $110 it cost to get me there.

Surprisingly, the next day my PO texted, wanting to set up a date to set up the laptop. Okay, not that surprising except it being the next day.

I see him on August 22 to get the laptop.

DM drove me back from Carmel. I think I had last seen him back in 2008. My eyes got a little.moisy when I saw him. I kept myself under control barring my babbling the way back to Muncie.

Nothing  really missed between the lie detector and Monday. I am still getting used to having a day off. I talked.to Joel C, got caught up on events. 

Monday's big thing was T2 calling and letting me know she had cancer and would not be coming up to see me. I did not start bawling but I hot emotional. I spent 2-3 hours Tuesday doing sn email for her, hoping to cheer her up. No response came, back to radio silence with her.

Found a katydid on the front porch:

I heard from my new counselor on Monday. I see him this coming Monday.

And I got the disk mailed off to the cpap people. I hope it comes soon. Sleeping is a chore with the mask falling apart during the night.

I was not keen to be talking or emailing or writing after the news from T2. And work was turing me out. When my PO showed up with his questions about my sex life, all I wanted was for him to leave so I could get to sleep. It was a better.than usual visit - he actually was helpful with information about the new phone. I never had a girlfriend take such an interest in my sex life as does my PO. Maybe even more than I took 40 years. Nowadays, I am happy at its non-existence. Just another example of your tax dollars at work.

Gas prices are going down, this is from Thursday when I was grocery shopping at Payless:

If there is anything else I have forgotten what it was. That happens a lot nowadays  

More rejections arrived for my stories.

Thank you for sending "Passerby." After careful consideration, we've decided this submission isn't right for AGNI. Our next reading period opens on September 1st.

Kind regards, The Editors

P.S. If you'd like to subscribe to the magazine, click here and enter code SEM18 for a discounted subscription rate offered as a thank-you to our submitters: http://agnionline.bu.edu/subscribe.

And this for "Colonel Tom":

Sam,


Thank you again for your interest in Of Rust and Glass. While we love the concept and find elements of this story have great potential, we will not be including this piece in our upcoming anthology. As you know, fiction is subjective, and we are confident you will find a home for this story and look forward to hearing from you again in the future.


Sincerely,


Curtis A. Deeter

Editor, Of Rust and Glass

It is 9 pm. I am listening to today's Backwoods show. I am done listening to the news about Trump having classified documents in his basement - will not someone please  prove the gasbag is also an idiot. I plan on spending the rest of my time submitting "Colonel Tom." The way my eyes feel, I do not have much time left.

Tomorrow, I revise my stories.

No email from Stephanie R. I take she knows about my comeuppance or she just wants to remain incommunicado. Either way is fine with me. If condemnation, I cannot object to causing the very effect I meant to cause. I said the important stuff in my letter. However, tonight's musical section is in her honor.







l





sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment