Saturday, June 4, 2022

Omenana Speculative Fiction Magazine

I do like speculative fiction. Even when I stopped reading much in the fiction and had given up reading serious books, I kept read speculative fiction because it made me think and it made me feel. When Brittle Paper published a link to the African speculative fiction magazine Omenana Speculative Fiction Magazine, I jumped on it.

I checked out the 21st issue. In particular, I read Seun Odukoya's review of The Batman (which has me thinking I should not have dismissed this movie out of hand) and Tariro Ndoro's Riding Hood (a short reimagining Little Red Riding Hood whose audacity overwhelms a twist in the story that might otherwise have me shaking my head). 

So far a magazine to be read.

sch 5/27/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment