Monday, June 20, 2022

George Saunders on Writing Endings

I have read George Saunders's Lincoln in the Bardo while in prison. I thought it brilliant. I read his short stories in The New Yorker. They were brilliant. Find Lincoln in the Bardo. It is a punch to the heart.

I knew Saunders had a roost on Substack called Story Club. Then I ran across an essay of Saunders's available without subscribing to Story Club. No way to summarize Ten Ways of Thinking About Endings where Saunders does exactly what he promises in his title. He explains the problems of ending a story and gives a variety of approaches to solving those problems. I may be falling into a rut, I found the essay brilliant.

Would I could afford a subscription.

sch 6/4/22


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment