Saturday, May 14, 2022

New Shoes, Another Rejection

Another Saturday of washing dishes, grocery shopping and riding buses. 


Today was payday at the restaurant.


I admit to eating too much ice cream while waiting for the bus.

From the bus station, while finishing off my Payless ice cream, I observed the Muncie pro-choice demonstration.


Not a big turnout, but they had enough horns honking. I might have asked questions but I was loaded down with bags of groceries.

Back at the room, I took a nap until 7 pm. Then I walked over to Shoe Carnival. The storm threatening when I got back at 5 never happened. I got new shoes and hope they help my aching feet.

Now it is bedtime. I read some articles tonight. I listened to the latest Backwoods show. I wrote some.posts that will show up here later.

Going through my email, I got the following from Narrative:
Dear Samuel Hasler:

Thank you for sending your work to Narrative. We are always grateful for the opportunity to review new work, and we have given "Colonel Tom" close attention and careful consideration. We regret, however, that "Colonel Tom" does not meet our needs at this time. We hope that you will keep us in mind in the future.

Sincerely,

The Editors

Thanks for reading. Someone wrote me that it seemed my life was hard but I was handling it well. Thing is I find life less grim than before. This could be thanks to the Zoloft or the Orthodox Church or my writing as therapy or all of the  above. I do hope you like the videos  - a counterpoint to any grimness, I would hope.

Good night.

sch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment