Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend

 Saturday:

I went to work. I went to the grocery. The sd card was put in a mailbox at Payless. I came back to the room. Tired and not sure what I did except maybe some writing on the blog. Hellman went untouched. I started working on a writing grant.

I got this:

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for sending us "Colonel Tom." We’re sorry this submission wasn’t right for us, but we are grateful to have had the opportunity to consider it and wish you the best of luck in placing it elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Madeline DeLuca
Fiction Editor
Mud Season Review

Sunday:

I went to work. I walked back. I ate. I fell asleep. I walked down to Dollar General. I made a purchase there. This is how I celebrated Memorial Day:


KH cleaned up my story "Passerby" for the grant submission. Other than work, he was the only person I spoke with all day. I was too tired to finish the application last night.

Monday:

Tired when I woke up. Woke up fast when the grant site would not take my writing sample. Again, KH saved my behind. 

I did some reading online. I took a nap. I wrote some stuff for the blog. I did my laundry. I made two trips to McClure's for bottles of Coke. I submitted "Colonel Tom" to 7 magazines and "Passerby" to one. I texted with my sister. 

I could just as easily stay here. If it were not for work, I would just stay here. The zoloft does not seem to change this. I have had my first legit day off in months. I have to admit I am tired and got back pains and not sure how much longer I can keep doing 7 days a week. I am learning how old I am.

676 reads for "Death and a Kiss."

And it looks like I blew a deadline for my SSI.

Two songs for the holiday:



Signing off. Got to work tomorrow.

sch






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment