Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday the 13th

The alarm did not go off this morning. Turns out I deleted the alarm the other day when I stuck the phone in my jean's pocket. Then I missed the bus, got to work an hour late. About all I felt lucky about was the bus 5 driver did not give me whiplash - he had to get students to Muncie Central.

Nope, I am not superstitious. Not any more than Howlin' Wolf:


The morning's delay let me get an email off to a possible replacement for Karri Byrd as my therapist. See, I left work early on Wednesday so I could get myself over to Ball State's psychology department. I have heard nothing further from Ms Byrd, so I assume my banishment is permanent. What I do not want to do is have my supervised release revoked for failure to comply with treatment. I am not quite ready to go back to Fort Dix FCI at this time. I decided to take action to fix my problem. As of now, no response from my email.

I also got Hellman renewed. I almost lost forgot the note with the name I got from from the psych department. More proof I guess of my steel trap mind. However, that caused me to miss the bus back home.

And I was tired. We had a heatwave this week and semi-truck trailers get hot. I decided to eat out. I walked down to the Village. I picked Chinese. I had a little picnic on University.

I walked around trying to catch a bus. Footsore, I went from University to Riverside and back to Riverside. I headed east looking for the next bus stop. I saw White Rabbit Books and crossed the street to see what was on sale. I got a collection of W.H. Auden, and a novel by Bernard Malamud and one by Cynthia Ozick for $2.00.  Yes, like I need more books.

I got the bus. I got back to the room. I was tired and stayed up too late. Late being 11 pm. I watched a little of "Mayans."

Thursday, I was supposed to do my grocery shopping. I missed the #3 bus. I was tired and a little queasy from the heat. I decided to eat at Casa Del Sol. I had a combo plate: beef burrito and beef enchilada and rice. It was excellent. I picked up some groceries at the close by Dollar General. Tired, footsore, I was pretty much a zombie last night.

I decided I needed to eat better this morning and drink more water at work. At work during lunch I read How Are We Saved? I did so. I came home still footsore but without the queasy feeling of the prior two days. I should have done laundry. My back ached. I spoke with the attorney about Dad's estate. I ate a dinner of hummus. I did some reading. I ran across another forbidden article when I clicked on the link below:
Yesterday, I interviewed a former Southern Baptist who has converted to Eastern Orthodoxy. Today I am interviewing a former Eastern Orthodox believer who has become Baptist.

I still need to catch up my email. I need new shoes (the superglue worked for a while). I need to go to a real grocery.

Dishwashing tomorrow. Payday there. 

Maybe I will work on the last chapter of "Death and a Kiss." It has of now 503 reads.

Maybe the day ended well enough but overall what can say about my own luck? I think I will leave that to Warren Zevon while I go off to read a little of Lillian Hellman.


sch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment