Thursday, March 31, 2022

Writing: Critiquing Yourself

Melissa Olson-Petrie published on her blog 3 blogs that flog, deconstruct or explain the choices fiction writers and editors make. I just found this today.

I was unaware of Writer Unboxed but knew of the related Flogging the Quill. (That blog is on my blogroll over at the prior version of this blog. No blogroll here since it seems no had any interest in other blogs.).“Let’s Deconstruct a Story: A Podcast for the Story Nerds” sounds like what I was trying to do in prison - learn writing by tearing up whatever I was reading - except it is being done by someone who knows what they are doing. There is, lastly, The Kenyon Review’s blog's “Why We Chose It” feature which explains why a certain story was picked by the Review.

All three sound useful. If my PO ever approves my laptop, I would be using these sites. Go to Ms. Olson-Petrie's blog for more details and I think you will agree with me.


sch 3/19/22



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment