Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Ernestina Aggrey is Brittle Paper's Writer of the Month

 Brittle Paper announced its writer of the month, Ernestina Aggrey. The article describes her:

Born in Accra, Ghana, Aggrey is a law graduate from Lancaster University. She decided to become a writer after a mentorship experience with novelist Cesca Major through the Black Girl Writers initiative. Aggrey is an alumnus of HarperCollins Author Academy and is also working on her first novel, Missing but Not Missed. Besides her story published on Brittle Paper, her work has appeared on Sweetycat PressEntropy, and The Feminine Collective.

Within the interview she describes writing her first novel:

 

work in progress, and I’ve enjoyed writing it for the past few months. Actually, I only started writing short stories and flash fiction recently. I did try my hand at it last year, but I only really got serious with it this year. I’ve always written longer stories, so I guess my transition is quite the opposite. The writing process has been interesting. Writing this novel has taught me a lot, particularly developing character voice, structure and plot outline. I try to write at least 400 words a day, but usually, it’s a lot more than that. Part of the process involves working with several beta readers, and the feedback I receive helps me polish and refine my work.

For the whole interview, follow this link.

sch

3/8/22


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment