Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Such a Wild and Crazy Life

Let me do a list. I made lists in my longhand journal but not here - until now. Just to let you know what life was like for a maniac these past 48 hours.

  1. I walked back from work on Saturday night. The knee held up okay after what had been a busy night. It was the usual quiet walk until I came up on the bar across the street. There was a group of five, mixed genders, standing out in the parking lot, and from what I could tell one fellow's girlfriend had gone out with female friends and he had suspicions about the purity of the girlfriend's activities. Some things never change. I am glad I never made that kind of fool of myself and happy with the feeling I will never again come close to that kind of situation. Not having a woman in my life leaves a pleasant feeling.
  2. Sunday, I slept in. Only after a hot shower was I capable of moving.
  3. I did the usual online reading before heading to Target for groceries. I did not that Saturday and I wanted some apples. The weather was getting damp and cold. It was still that way when I walked to work. Walking home, it was quite warm.
  4. I missed the bus this morning to catch the 10 am bus to the sheriff's. Best laid plans and all that - I had shoes still damp from working Sunday. I got a post written out at the Sheriff's. A friend had sent me an email about activating share on this blog and I needed something to experiment with. Seems share does not work on my phone but it did work on KH's computer. If you feel like sharing anything on Facebook ot Twitter you may have to ho to web view. Another week of registration was done before noon.
  5. Back at the room, out of the cold (it was feeling like 20 degrees thanks to the wind), I warmed up the lasagna bought from Target. I got on the phone looking for a new.primary care doctor. I may have found one. I certainly have not found an apartment - I was to see one tomorrow until the email came saying it was now off the market. That came as a surprise since I spoke with them yesterday to see the place tomorrow.
  6. And the rest of my time tonight was spent reading and writing for this blog, and by listening to KPC's Not Truth but Effect live and the archive Joe Blelock's Three Card Monte and the news.
  7. I have not been out of this room. This I do not mind. I might actually like doing nothing else. The only person I spoke to was KH. I spoke with my sister yesterday for a minute. Canada appears to have survived her visit. I calendared a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow. I better get back into a more disciplined frame of mind, soon I will have a laptop which will mean back to work for me.
And that's how it was.
sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment