Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Been M.I.A., Sorry

You may think a maniac like me has been out creating mayhem and other misdeeds. You would be giving me too much credit.

Gloom descended on Muncie:

Saturday, I walked to work after I made the notes that were published then. This is what the Muncie Mall looked like as I cut through to get some respite from the cold:


There were live people there! When I got back here it was closing in on one a.m.. It had been me and the dishwasher working the last two hours. There was another helping me who left. I did not know he was leaving snd it was the next day before I found out he had had a family emergency. I was not so happy Saturday night even though I left with a pile of barbequed beef. I was very by the time I got home.

Sunday, it was colder and we had snow flurries in the morning. I also found the charger Texas Roadhouse broken. I got one from Buyer's Market at the Muncie Mall. Then I walked to Target (another potential employer who has silently passed me by) and used my EBT card for the first time.

I did not want to go to work and it was all I expected. How is it I can work harder than a 17 and an 18 year old? (And the phones! People on their phones at work - not just kids. This screen culture I had read about in prison and it is even sillier in action than in print. Wait till I run into one of these goofs - not all are young - with a stack of dishes!) I suspect the government and its agent (you, dear reader?) think me burning with lust being surrounded by youth. I do butn - like a wet rag. I am only as good as my inspiration. All the dull eyes and slack faces (and then, too, here may be the signs of the much-read about teen-age obeisity) inspire in me is a certainty of the human race's imminent demise and annoyance at their deer in the headlights stare when I am trying to get past them , with an arm full of crockery. Murder, not lust, is what youth inspires in me.

Monday was busy. I woke before 7 am. I did some online job hunting. I ate breakfast. Caught the bus. The bus system was taking kids to school. Only time I have seen the Whitely bus nearly full. Fortunately they were quiet. (I recall the Indianapolis schools were having trouble finding bus drivers and here may be a solution to some of that problem but it could be this will work only in a city of Muncie's size.) I got to the Sheriff's early. I did not do the appeal on my sentence of 25 years of registration. I did not feel the need for the hassle. I did read some of John Dos Passos while waiting for the bus. I was to talk to two potential employers and T2, so it was back here with only a detour to an organic grocery in downtown Muncie. There I got some Gouda cheese and bread and a chocolate. My second use of my food stamps card. The one potential did not call and I forgot T2 is an hour behind me and I rescheduled my interview. T2 and I did get to talk. She gave me some ideas. She was supposed to call me back. It is now 3:05 pm on Tuesday and I have heard nothing from her. I asked why s he r was helping me. She said she has been hanging out with nuns and it was her duty to be charitable. This I can understand. I also understand she is not acting of any residual friendship with me. 

T2 also mentioned I needed a mood elevator. Since she does not read this bog, I am unclear how she judges my mood. Yes, work tired me but I feel no despondency arising out of my weariness. How do I sound to you?

I worked alone last night without more than 15 of breaks for my almost 6 hours of work. It was hard work, too. We got slammed hard for a Monday night. 

I hope tonight goes easier. I woke stiff and sore. Smearing myself with Ben-Gay may have been some help. Although I recollect waking with muscle spasms.

I did apartment hunting this morning. I ate breakfast (an apple and a bagel with cream cheese). These application fees will kill me. I got a call from the sex offender counselor wanting to reschedule today's appointment. I call that a reprieve for this blog. Not having this appointment and still feeling like a walking cramp it was no great decision to take a nap. As a kid, I hated naps. Taking one is a bad habit I picked up in prison. I overslept. I lunched on a cheese sandwich and hummus. Then I set out to finish this note.

It is closing in on 4pm, I need to be at work at 5, and I need gird my loins for a night of struggle. I am walking since it is sunny but I leave you eith this link to think about me waiting for the bus.

sch





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment