Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Wednesday and My Day Off

I got some rest today. The next four have me working.

I got up at 7 AM and have not left the front porch of the apartment. Other than people on the telephone I have spoken with has my neighbor when I was outside on the porch and he was coming and going.

Again, I wrote up pieces for this blog. I continue to having connection problems. I thought it may have to do with too many tabs while running YouTube. So no music for me.  Still, it slowed me down.

I called my Po and left another message for him. This time it was about the job offer I have. It is 9:36 pm and I have heard nothing.

I called about apartments. I got one response, several unavailables and messages which are still unanswered.

I got Paycom working. I guess I should be happy it is so security conscious I prefer thinking it was security consciousness and not a bug.

It took almost an hour to get through to FSSA. First time I bungled the phone. Twice the phone cut out on me. The third time I learned a couple of things: 1) that I had qualified for SNAP, and 2) it would take about 30 days for the address change to take effect. They will also accept mail for me.

I had no idea I had been approved for SNAP benefits. I had no notice before I left the VOA's halfway house.  I know there was some mail that came for me:

Oct 7, 2021, 4:28 PM (13 days ago)
Mr Hasler,
Some mail arrived for you at the facility today if you would like to come and pick it up.  
Thank you.  
Bethany Greenup 
Federal Case Manager 
Volunteers of America
611 N Capitol Ave Indianapolis, IN 46204

O: 463-212-5016

 but I have never seen that mail:

Sam Hasler 

Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 1:59 PM

To: Bethany Greenup <bethany.greenup@voaohin.org>

I checked with the Post Office and I cannot do a change of address with the 611 address. You did not mention who sent

me mail and if you do so I may be able to contact them with my new address, Otherwise, you can forward the mail to me

or just return to sender.

Sam Hasler

It would have been a great help with my bank account if the mail that arrived and disappeared was notifying me I had SNAP benefits. 

I spoke with my sister and with K tonight. Problems needing solved for both.

I need to do some running tomorrow - the bank, laundry. I'll probably re-up with the room and get my ID updated. I may spend some time with Dos Passos I plan on being up early. I still need to know about SSI and Mint.

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment