Saturday, October 16, 2021

Halfway House Update 8-30-21

 Well, I still cannot  add to my blog through Blogger.  Doesn’t mean I cannot add notes to Google Docs for later usage on blogger.

No,I  have not mentioned this to the staff here. I need access to the computer lab for finding jobs and a place to live. The VOA has not been much of any help in these areas but they sure could be an obstruction I do not need. Besides, 

You want to ask them why they blocked access to Blogger,feel free to call 

Oddly, the ban does not apply to blogs themselves. I can view my blog; I cannot update it from in here.

Notice from here on out the posts that I am putting up first on Google Docs will have the date of creation in their title.

Two weeks ago I asked Ms. Greenup about finding a place to live after I leave here. She blurted out that the VOA could not give me any financial assistance in finding an apartment. Since I have been working at Jimmy Johns, that was not on my mind. She then quickly said federal probation could pay for my continued stay at the VOA. If I stay any longer at the VOA, I will need a rubber room. We have now one mental patient on our floor, still no windows. All I wanted was time to go look and pretty much told her that. She said I needed to work through the levels for passes. Well, today I am giving her my two pay stubs, so the levels should go up and I get more passes. T2 suggested the Muncie Mission and that is what I suggested yesterday to my sister and K and KH.

Yes, I had visitation of sorts. I had my sister and K come down to drive me on my hygiene pass. Also a first for me. I shorted myself an hour. I felt very agitated.I bought me a pack of Camels - I felt that agitated. No, the Zoloft the doctor has had me on for the past 2 weeks was not enough. It felt like what I wanted to say either did not get said or not said in a sensible manner. Oh, well,it was it was  start. I almost gave the control desk my receipt for the cigarettes instead of the receipt for bandaids.

I do now have a book to read, a Walter Mosely novel.

I like working for Jimmy Johns. I am getting really tired but at least I am doing something to prove I can be more than just institutionalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment