Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Wanting to Go Home

 I'm calmer today. Got quite angry with myself,with my choosing to be here. I got frustrated with no money,no mobility, no communications. My shower shoes went missing. I had them for six years in prison. Fortunately, I had already showered. No shower today. Then I lost my address book. I had called my closet nephew and my mind was not on what I was doing.  There's been more than a bit of that lately. Left the  radio in the bathroom - which I would never haved done at Fort Dix. I am getting agitated and forgetting things.

I do not know if my memory is fading or I am concentrating on the wrong things or the problemis only this halfway house experience. Last night I was ready to go back to prison. I wished I had stayed until my release date. A homeless shelter in Muncie might have been a better choice.

Last night one fellow had a bit of a nervous breakdown. Not sure what was the cause. Not sure if it matters what was the cause other than just being in this place. The inmate called the CO on the floor a b*tch and accused him of having a b*tch*ss. No man should use those words when his voice got so high it cracked.

I do think I have made a fried. I certainly need a phone!


sch

5/17/21

[The next day my bunkie went home and left his shower shoes. The address book was found in my locker. Since then I have been moved from the big dorm on the third floor to the smaller one on the second and the agitation has settled some. I also have internet access and a phone, and I think those have done more for me.]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment