Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sunday Spent Blogging and Misc Notes

The day has been spent indoors. But I did finish another notebook of my pretrial detention journal, the blog still grows. The first completed since I moved into the new place. On to other things tomorrow. 

My only departure was to go out for smokes around 8 pm.

I did watch a Nicolas Cage movie, and I have Pygmalion with Peter O'Toole playing on YouTube.

The Last Dream by Pedro Almodóvar review – fantastical fictions and candid personal curio - sounds like it is for the true fanatic. I love his movies, but not enough to hunt this down.

Open: Journal of Arts & Letters rejected "Road Tripping" - which I submitted back on January 28, 2024!

Thank you for submitting your work Samuel C Hasler for our consideration and publication with our journal. Your work has met with praise from our evaluators. However, we do not feel it is quite what we are looking for at this time.

We hope that you will not be too discouraged by this response. Your work may well find a place in another publication.

We very much hope that you will consider submitting to us in the future.

Cordially:

Submissions Editor

Discouraged? No. Confused? That is a bit closer to the mark. This thing of coming close is making me wonder what I am doing wrong. All I can come up is what I thought before I left prison - my stories do not fit in anywhere. OTOH, I have revised the story since this submission.

Oh, well, Jesus just left Chicago, and muddy water turned to wine.

Dishes are mostly done. The trash is out. The day is almost over,

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment