Sunday, April 14, 2024

Goes The Weekend

 Yesterday was laundry, Payless, and Bracken Library.

Oh, and my Gabb phone went berserk. I did a factory reset and now have lost all my contacts.

Still needing a ride to Kokomo on Wednesday.

Research done. I am as ready as I can be for the hearing.

Today, it was cleaning what I did yesterday. Cooked at home. (Oh, yeah, if you come to Muncie, try Chava's in The Village - I blew up my Lenten fast there on Friday- very good burritos.)

I managed to finish Plautus' The Braggart Soldier while doing my laundry. I have shelved Euripides for the moment. I kept seeing ways to burlesque him, and this I find disturbing. Plautus is funny by intent.

I did not go to church today. I did not hear from my ride. A bit curious about that. I think there is a liturgy tomorrow night here in Muncie.

No time to get through all my emails. And tomorrow, we may have thunderstorms. I need to buy a tie, too. I do now own an umbrella.

Another rejection came in this week:

Thank you for submitting "Between the Dead and the Dying" to The Journal. We read every submission with care, and while we can only publish a small fraction of what we receive, the most exciting part of our job is reading such a wide variety of work. 

Though we decided against accepting your manuscript, we want you to know that we found it particularly compelling. We would be glad to see more of your writing in the future.


Thanks again,


Oh, wait a life it is!

sch




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment