Thursday, May 11, 2023

Another Gap in Reporting and The King of the Divan

 Let's see it is now, Thursday morning.

Last night, Donald J. Trump proved himself, again, a disease.

I noticed this from Indeed. I applied for this job, and got a message they were going with someone else. So it goes.

Sales Associate
The Golden Rule Store - Muncie, IN
$10 - $11 an hour
Easily apply
We offer a laid-back work environment, with flexible scheduling, great employee discounts, and access to quality name brand work apparel and footwear.
Just posted

Yesterday, I did the sheriff's thing, but first I had a job interview. Did the interview. I may have to forego it, as I cannot see how I can make it to the sheriff for my weekly registration. If I do not go, I go back to Fort Dix. As I recall the stats from the United Sentencing Commission, the chief cause of recidivism for people like me is screwing up on the registration.
 
I got a Whopper at Burger King after the interview, waiting on the bus. I do not know why I bothered. Oh, yeah, I was hungry and impatient. Ivy Tech's Charleston's restaurant has a better burger.
 
So, I took the #12 over to Memorial and Daly, which gets me close to the courthouse. During the walk, I stopped and looked at this lake off of Tillotson. It looks nice, but two guys said they did not even get a bite. I did see the redtail hawk that hangs out in that part o town. He was getting pushed out of the area by a crow. There was a male and female mallard cruising the lake, No geese, which is a surprise. Over the bridge at Buck Creek, there were swallows. Very sunny sky, mild temperature, and all is getting green.
 
I found out why I do not go to the sheriff at lunch. They close the office. So, I waited. This did not keep from getting the #17 back downtown to catch the #3 to get me close to the walk-in clinic.

I went to the WellZone. Yes, a low grade sinus infection. I stopped at the Speedway at McGalliard and Wheeling to get RC Cola, then over to the bus stop. Where I waited and waited. MITS delivers school kids in the afternoon, which screws up their schedule. I waited until almost 3:44 for the #3, and which left me with a wait at the station for the #5. Called CC to kill the time; nothing new there. I got back here, dozed myself with saline spray, looked at the email, ate some popcorn, and crashed for an hour.

I decided to walk over to Target to get my prescription for antibiotics. After what I learned, I need to walk more. Pretty soon, I will have Ahab chasing after me.

Problem is that CVS closed at 7. I thought I would get something to get. Fuzzy-headed is a bad enough condition, but I should know better than to go grocery shopping while hungry. I wound up walking out without buying anything. Instead, I stopped at McClure's where I bought a burrito, a pack of salt and vinegar chips, and French dip. I am paying for that this morning. By the way, the dip went well with the burrito. This was about 8:30.

I got around to doing some work around 9. I have been having problems with Firefox, and needing to be up early, I knocked off about 10:30, 11 PM.

I have another interview today at 9 am. The prescription needs to be obtained. Then groceries. Then get my meds (I did make it to the clinic). Then back here.
 
Tuesday was about a writing gig. I do not think I went any further than McClure's. I did some good work.
  
Some stuff I read and might as well spread around:
"Best of Intentions" has another rejection:

Thank you again for submitting your work to The Ex-Puritan, Issue 60: Spring 2023.


As you might imagine, our small team of volunteer readers is forced to select an extremely small number of works from the hundreds of great submissions we receive each quarter. Submissions for this issue were once again excellent. Although we have to pass on your submission this time around, we’re truly grateful that you thought to send it our way.


We wish you best of luck in your future writing!

And a rejection for "Aftermath":

Thank you for sending us "Aftermath" to consider. Unfortunately, we must pass on this story at this time, but please keep us in mind for future submissions.

Sincerely,

The Editors

CRAFT



It has to be a sign of a mental illness, but I cannot turn this loose, and this one's even funnier than before:

 
 and this will probably bring out the villagers with pitchforks and torches:

The Germans getting into the act?


Proof women are not immune from the silliness:
 



 And the original from The Ruby Sparks soundtrack:


And here I end, needing to get ready for my interview and gallivanting around Muncie.

sch 7:59 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment